Home

HMS Arethusa (1849)  (4th)
4th Rate 50-gun

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Arethusa was a fourth rate, 50-gun, ship.

Built at Pembroke Dock. launched 20-Jun-1849, 180ft long, 53ft wide and of 2,123 tons builders measurement, displacing 3,832 tons. Armed with 10 x 8in and  40 x 32pdr guns.

Conversion to a Screw Frigate completed 09-Aug-1861.

Used as a training ship from 1874.

Broken up 1934.

Won the Battle Honour: Crimea 1854.

 

 

Other HMS Arethusa
- 1st  HMS Arethusa
- 2nd HMS Arethusa
- 3rd HMS Arethusa
- 4th HMS Arethusa
- 5th HMS Arethusa
- 6th HMS Arethusa
- 7th HMS Arethusa
- 8th HMS Arethusa

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 30 November, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.