Home

HMS Arethusa (1886) CC  (5th)

    
This the fifth ship to carry the name HMS Arethusa was a second class cruiser.

Built by Napier of Glasgow, laid down 14-Jun-1880, launched 23-Dec-1882, and completed 1886.

Served at Chatham until 1893, then moved to the Mediterranean until 1897. Returned to Chatham from 1897-99 after which it was on to the Pacific until 1903 with a short detachment to the China station in 1900..

Returned to the UK at Chatham until 1905.

Sold 04-Apr-1905.

 

Other HMS Arethusa
- 1st  HMS Arethusa
- 2nd HMS Arethusa
- 3rd HMS Arethusa
- 4th HMS Arethusa
- 5th HMS Arethusa
- 6th HMS Arethusa
- 7th HMS Arethusa
- 8th HMS Arethusa

- Leander Class (1885) CC
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 27 June, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.