HMS Troubridge (1943) DD (1st)
This the only ship to carry the name HMS Troubridge was a T
Class, destroyer leader. As destroyer leader she had slightly reduced
armament to allow the increased complement and working space needed to
control a flotilla.
Built by John Brown on the Clyde, laid down 10-Nov-1941, launched 23-Sep-1942, and commissioned 08-Mar-1943.
On completion formed part of the 24th Destroyer Flotilla, and went to the Mediterranean.
Took part in Operation Husk the Sicily landings, then Aug-1944 the landings in southern France.
Sank U-407, Sep-1944.
Served in the Aegean Sea late 1944, then on to the British Pacific Fleet, where she remained for the remainder of the war.
Converted to a Type 15 Frigate 1955 to1957 with an increased displacement of 2,240 tons, armed with 2 x 4in, 2 x 3in and 2 x 40mm guns and pennant number F09.
Paid of into reserve 27-Mar-1969.
Sold 27-Feb-1970 and broken up at Newport.
This page last edited -
29 June, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.