Home

HMS Forte (1915)  (6th)
Hulk

    
This the sixth ship to carry the name HMS Forte was originally a 2nd Class, Protected Cruiser, HMS Furious.

Built at Devonport Dockyard, laid down 10-Jun-1895, launched 03-Dec-1896, and completed 01-Jul-1898.

On completion joined the Channel Squadron 1898-1902. Refitted at Chatham 1903 which included re-arming with uniform 6in main guns. To the Mediterranean 1903-05.

Returned to the UK as seagoing tender to HMS Vernon, Torpedo School at Portsmouth 1905-12. Used for wireless experiments in the Mediterranean 1911.

Used for harbour service at Portsmouth 1912 then laid up at Motherbank 1913-15. Renamed HMS Forte Jun-1915 and attached to HMS Vernon as a hulk.

Sold May-1923.

 

 

Other HMS Forte
- 1st  HMS Forte
- 2nd HMS Forte
- 3rd HMS Forte
- 4th HMS Forte
- 5th HMS Forte
- 6th HMS Forte

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

This page last edited - 26 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.