Home

HMS Forte (1890)  (4th)
Receiving Hulk

    
This the third ship to carry the name HMS Forte was originally HMS Pembroke, a third rate, 74-gun, ship.

Built by Wigram, Wells & Green of Blackwall, launched 17-Jun-1812.

Conversion to a screw ship completed 03-Feb-1855.

Used as a coastguard vessel from 1858, then a base ship at Chatham from Apr-1873.

Renamed HMS Forte 1890.

Sold 1905.

 

Other HMS Forte
- 1st  HMS Forte
- 2nd HMS Forte
- 3rd HMS Forte
- 4th HMS Forte
- 5th HMS Forte
- 6th HMS Forte

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 29 April, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.