Home

HMS Minotaur  (1945) CC  (5th)

    
This the  ship to carry the name HMS Minotaur was the name ship of a class of three cruisers.

Built by Harland & Wolff of Belfast, laid down 20-Nov-1941, launched 29-Jul-1943, and commissioned 25-May-1945.

Taken over by Royal Canadian Navy and renamed HMCS Ontario, Jul-1944.

Sailed to join the 4th Cruiser Squadron in the British Pacific Fleet but arrived too late to see active service.

Assisted with the re-occupation of Hong Kong, and Manila.

Returned home to Esquimalt 27-Nov-1945 for refit.

Used for training duties until 15-Oct-1958 when she was paid off.

Sold 06-May-1959. Arrived Osaka, Japan, 19-Nov-1960 for breaking up.

 

Other HMS Minotaur
- 1st  HMS Minotaur
- 2nd HMS Minotaur
- 3rd HMS Minotaur
- 4th HMS Minotaur
- 5th HMS Minotaur

- Minotaur Class (1944) CC
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c. w. m.
This page last edited - 20 January, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.