HMS Imperieuse (1906) (6th)
This the sixth ship to carry the name HMS Imperieuse was originally
HMS Audacious. The name ship of the first ironclad battleships which
were built as a class.
Built by Napier, launched 27-Feb-1869 and completed 1870, 280ft long, 54ft wide and displacing 6,010 tons.
After serving as Hull guardship from 1871-1874 she became Flagship on
the China Station from 1874-1878. Then back to Hull, following which she
had a refit.
She became a depot ship in 1902 and was renamed Fisgard.
Then 01-Jan-1906 became a training ship and renamed again to Imperieuse.
In 1914 became a repair ship and was finally sold 12-Mar-1927 and broken up at Inverkeithing.
- ? Class
This page last edited -
26 March, 2013.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.