Home

HMS Emerald (1904)  (7th)
Training Ship

    
This the seventh ship to carry the name HMS Emerald was a training ship.

Originally HMS Black Prince the second British battleship to be ordered, built by Napier, of Greenock. Laid down 12-Oct-1859 launched 27-Feb-1861 and completed 12-Sep-1862, at a cost of 377,954.

She served in the Channel Fleet from 1862 to 1866;
Flagship at Queenstown 1866 - 1867;
re-armed 1867 - 1868;
guardship on the Clyde from 1868 to 1874;
refit 1874 - 75;
the Channel Fleet from 1875 to 1878; 
in Reserve at Devonport 1878 to 1896;
training ship at Queenstown 1896 - 1910;
1910 returned to Plymouth.

Renamed HMS Emerald (1904).

Sold in 1923 after sixty one years service.

 

Other HMS Emerald
- 1st  HMS Emerald
- 2nd HMS Emerald
- 3rd HMS Emerald
- 4th HMS Emerald
- 5th HMS Emerald
- 6th HMS Emerald
- 7th HMS Emerald
- 8th HMS Emerald
- 9th HMS Emerald

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 26 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.