Home

HMS Edgar (1858)  (4th)
2nd Rate 91-gun

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Edgar was a 2nd rate, screw ship-of-the-line.

Built at Woolwich Dockyard, laid down 04-Jul-1853, launched 22-Oct-1858 and completed 19-Jul-1859, 230ft long, 55ft 6in wide, of 3,094 tons builders measurement and displacing 5,157 tons. Armed with 8 x 10in, 36 x 8in, 2 x 68pdr and 34 x 32pdr guns.

Loaned to the Customs Service as a hulk 12-Feb-1870 and used as a quarantine ship at Spithead 12-Dec-1870.

Sold 12-Apr-1904 and broken up at Charlton.

 

Other HMS Edgar
- 1st  HMS Edgar
- 2nd HMS Edgar
- 3rd HMS Edgar
- 4th HMS Edgar
- 5th HMS Edgar
- 6th HMS Edgar

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 30 November, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.