Home

HMS Bristol (1812)  (4th)
Prison Ship

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Bristol was originally HMS Agincourt, a third rate, 64-gun, ship-of-the-line.

Built by Perry of Blackwall, 161ft long, 46ft wide and of 1,440 tons builders measurement.

Originally designed as an East Indiaman, the Earl Talbot, she was bought on the stocks and converted.

Used as a prison ship from 06-Jan-1812 and renamed HMS Bristol.

Sold 15-Dec-1814.

 

 

Other HMS Bristol
- 1st  HMS Bristol
- 2nd HMS Bristol
- 3rd HMS Bristol
- 4th HMS Bristol
- 5th HMS Bristol
- 6th HMS Bristol
- 7th HMS Bristol

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.