Home

HMS Agincourt (1867) BB  (3rd)

This the third ship to carry the name HMS Agincourt was an Iron Screw battleship. Originally named HMS Captain but renamed 1861.

Built by Laird, laid down Oct-1861, launched 27-Mar-1865 and completed June-1867. 

After assisting Northumberland with the tow of the Bermuda floating dock, she spent the rest of her active service as a flagship; first in the Channel, then in the Mediterranean. 

As built she had all her guns, which were rifled muzzle loaders,  in one long armoured battery. 

She was paid off in 1889.

Used as a training ship and renamed HMS Boscawen III Mar-1904.

Renamed again 21-Jun-1906 as Ganges II.

Renamed C109 Aug-1908 when reduced to a coal hulk at Sheerness. 

Broken up 21-Oct-1960.

 

Other HMS Agincourt
- 1st  HMS Agincourt
- 2nd HMS Agincourt
- 3rd HMS Agincourt
- 4th HMS Agincourt
- 5th HMS Agincourt

Minotaur Class (1868) BB
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

This page last edited - 23 June, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.