Birkenhead Class (1915) CC
ships of the Birkenhead Class (1915), were copies of the
Birmingham Class (1914)
except the were armed with 10 x 5.5in guns.
They were originally ordered by Greece early in 1914 and the contract was taken over by the Admiralty in 1915 after the first ship had been launched.
After WW1 ended both ships were scrapped.
They, together with the Bristol (1910), Weymouth Class (1911), Chatham Class (1912), and Birmingham Class (1914), Classes were sometimes collectively known as Towns or Town Classes. All the ships in these classes were named after British Towns.
This page last edited -
20 February, 2013.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.