Home

HMS Sutherland (1716)  (1st)
4th Rate 54-gun 

    
This the first ship to carry the name HMS Sutherland was originally HMS Reserve, a fourth rate, 54-gun ship-of-the-line, renamed 02-Jan-1716.

Built at Deptford, launched Mar-1704, 130ft long, 34ft 6in wide and of 675 tons builders measurement.

Used as a hospital ship from May-1741.

Condemned at Port Mahon 10-Mar-1744.

Ordered broken up 15-Nov-1754.

 

Other HMS Sutherland
- 1st  HMS Sutherland
- 2nd HMS Sutherland
- 3rd HMS Sutherland

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

This page last edited - 01 November, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.