Home

HMS St. George (1687)  (3rd)
1st Rate 96-gun

    
This the third HMS St George was originally built as HMS Charles in 1668 renamed 1687.

She was a first rate, three deck, 96/90/80-gun ship-of-the-line.

Built at Deptford Dockyard, launched 03-Mar-1668, 163ft long, 42ft 6in wide, and of 1,129 tons builders measurement (bm).

She carried an establishment of 96-guns in time of war in home waters, or 90-guns at war in overseas waters, or 90-guns in peace.

Re-classed as a second rate in 1691.

Rebuilt Portsmouth 1701 with an increased tonnage of 1,470 tons bm.

Rebuilt again at Portsmouth 1740 with tonnage increasing to 1,655 tons bm, lengthened to 166ft, and width increased to 48ft 6in.

Broken up Sep-1774.

Won the Battle Honour: Velez Malaga 1704.

 

Other HMS St George
- 1st  HMS St George
- 2nd HMS St George
- 3rd HMS St George
- 4th HMS St George
- 5th HMS St George
- 6th HMS St George
- 7th HMS St George
- 8th HMS St George

- Plans/Schematics
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

This page last edited - 28 October, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.