Home

HMS Medusa (1925) ML  (7th)
Coastal Minelayer

    
This the seventh ship to carry the name HMS Medusa was a coastal minelayer.

Originally an M Class, coastal monitor, M29.

Built by Harland & Wolff, launched 22-May1915 armed with 2 x 6in and 1 x 6pdr guns.

Converted to a minelayer Sep-1923. Renamed HMS Medusa 01-Dec-1925.

Used as a depot ship and renamed HMS Talbot 01-Sep-1941, renamed HMS Medway II 1943, and renamed HMS Medusa 21-Sep-1944.

Sold 09-Sep-1946 and broken up by Dover Industries.

 

Other HMS Medusa
- 1st  HMS Medusa
- 2nd HMS Medusa
- 3rd HMS Medusa
- 4th HMS Medusa
- 5th HMS Medusa
- 6th HMS Medusa
- 7th HMS Medusa
- 8th HMS Medusa

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c. b.
This page last edited - 14 June, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.