Home

HMS Leander (1780)  (1st)
4th Rate 52-gun

    
This the first ship to carry the name HMS Leander was a fourth rate, 52-gun, ship.

Built at Chatham Dockyard, launched 01-Jul-1780, 146ft long, 40ft 6in wide and of 1,044 tons.

Captured 17-Aug-1798, by the French ship Genereux.

Captured 03-Mar-1799 by the Russians at Corfu and returned to the Royal Navy. Renamed HMS Hygeia and used as a hospital ship from 1813.

Sold 14-Apr-1817.

Won the Battle Honour: Nile 1798.

 

Other HMS Leander
- 1st  HMS Leander
- 2nd HMS Leander
- 3rd HMS Leander
- 4th HMS Leander
- 5th HMS Leander
- 6th HMS Leander

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 17 November, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.