HMS Caroline (1914) CC (7th)
This the seventh ship to carry the name HMS Caroline was a
Light Cruiser. The lead ship of a class of six ships and part of the
1913 construction programme.
Built by Cammell Laird of Birkenhead, laid down 28-Jan-1914, launched 29-Sep-1914 and completed 04-Dec-1914.
On completion served as a destroyer leader with the Grand Fleet 1914-19. Went to the East Indies Station 1919-22.
Paid off 1922.
Served as RNVR Drill Ship at Belfast from 1924.
Used as a depot ship during WW2, after which she resumed duty as Drill Ship at Belfast.
She remains there 29-Jan-2010, the second oldest commissioned ship in the Royal Navy.
Won the Battle Honour: Jutland 1916.
This page last edited -
16 March, 2013.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.