Home

HMS Caledonia (1891)  (4th)
Training Ship

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Caledonia was originally HMS Impregnable, a second Rate, 98-gun, ship-of-the-line, renamed 22-Sep-1891.

Built at Chatham Dockyard, launched 01-Aug-1810, 197ft long, 53ft 6in wide and of 2,406 tons builders measurement, displacing 3,880 tons.

Used as a training ship from 1862.

Renamed HMS Kent, 09-Nov-1888.

Renamed HMS Caledonia, 22-Sep-1891.

Sold 10-Jul-1906.

 

Other HMS Caledonia
- 1st  HMS Caledonia
- 2nd HMS Caledonia
- 3rd HMS Caledonia
- 4th HMS Caledonia
- 5th HMS Caledonia

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

This page last edited - 19 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.