Home

HMS Andromache (1892) CC  (4th)

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Andromache was a 2nd class protected cruiser.

Built at Chatham Dockyard, laid down, Apr-1889, launched 14-Aug-1890, and completed 1892.

On completion went into reserve at Chatham 1893-1901, then served as RNR Drill Ship at North Shields 1901-04, and Harwich 1904-05. Back into reserve 1905-07.

Converted to a minelayer 1907-09 after which it was back into reserve 1909-11. Joined the Minelayer Squadron 1912-14, then the Dover Squadron 1914-15.

Used as a depot ship in the Mediterranean 1915, then an accommodation ship at Gibraltar 1916-19.

Returned to the UK and paid off at Devonport 1919.

Sold 1920.

 

Other HMS Andromache
- 1st  HMS Andromache
- 2nd HMS Andromache
- 3rd HMS Andromache
- 4th HMS Andromache

- Apollo Class (1891) CC
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 25 June, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.