P Class (1941) DD
Class were a repeat of the previous O Class, orders were placed 02-Oct-1939
and they were known as the 2nd Emergency Flotilla.
On completion they were sent to various Fleets as needed. However by Jul-1943, three had been lost and the surviving five were brought together in the Mediterranean for the invasion of Sicily.
In 1944 the final four went to the Indian Ocean with the Eastern Fleet for duties against the Burma and Malaya coasts.
The four survived the war, after which two converted to frigates and served until the early 1960's
This page last edited -
27 May, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.