Home

G Class (1915) SS

The G Class (1915) submarines continued the trend for increasing size. They were based on the E Class (1913) as an overseas patrol submarine, but incorporated a double hull. 

They were the first RN submarine to be armed with a 21in torpedo, with one tube in the stern. 

Of the 15 boats ordered, 14 were completed, with 1 cancelled in 1915.

Of those completed, 3 were lost in action, 1 sunk by accident, and 10 survived to be paid off. Four being paid off at the end of WW1, and the final six in Jan-1921.

 

- Class Ship
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures

Outside Links

- References
- Links

This page last edited - 18 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.