To Opening Page
To Home Page
Britain's Navy - Progress and Recent Additions
- Complete service details of 1st Rate ships as they come up for review.
- Research on Roman Invasion & Occupation continues at medium level.
- Working on including ships badges collected over the past several years.
- Working to improve existing navigation links for all pages, only about 80 files now lack these.
Statistics as at 22-Dec-2012;
|Battleships 1861 - 1960||-
Complete Oct-2004, for Main Details on all ships and classes.
Few pictures so far due to web size limits.
|Aircraft Carriers||- Basically complete, including seaplane carriers completed May-2010.|
|Amphibious/ Assault Ships||- During November 2011 work started on WW2 LST's and subsequent Amphibious ships..|
|Cruisers||- Basically Complete.|
|Destroyers||- 95% Done.|
|Escorts & Frigates||- Detail work on classes and lists of ships 95% complete.|
|Submarines||-Class details and lists of ships in each class 95% complete.|
|Anti-Mine vessels||-Work started Feb-2012 on compiling mine clearance class details and incorporating existing vessels into the respective classes.|
- Alphabetical List of Ships for the following periods
- Pre-1509 to 1660 added to as details found.
- List of 1st to 4th Rate Ships for the following periods
- 1661 to 1860 added to as details found.
- List of 5th Rate and 6th Rate Ships, for the following periods
- 1661 to 1860 being initially populated as ship files come up for review.
- List of Sloops & Brigs Ships, for the following periods
|Anglo-Saxon & Viking Era||- Not yet begun.|
|Roman Era||- Caesar Raids completed. Claudian Invasion to be completed.|
This page last edited -
22 December, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.