Home

HMS Liverpool (1814)  (3rd)
4th Rate 50-gun

    
The 3rd HMS Liverpool was a fourth rate frigate of 50 guns. 

She was built by Wigram & Green of Blackwall, constructed of pitch pine, launched 21-Feb-1814, 159ft long, 40ft wide, and of 1,240 tons builders measurement.

Her first commission only lasted two years. She went to the Cape Station and returned to be paid off at Deptford on 3-Apr-1816.

After decommissioning in Feb-1818, she sailed for the East Indies Station. 

In 1819 Liverpool was part of an expedition sent against the Persian Gulf pirates at Ras-al-Khyma. Operations lasted from 4-8 December and ended with the destruction of all shore fortifications and all pirate vessels in port. There were no casualties in the ships company. 

After this Liverpool returned to the East Indies Station.

Sold at Bombay in 16-Apr-1822.

 

Other HMS Liverpool
- 1st  HMS Liverpool
- 2nd HMS Liverpool
- 3rd HMS Liverpool
- 4th HMS Liverpool
- 5th HMS Liverpool
- 6th HMS Liverpool
- 7th HMS Liverpool

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 24 November, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.