Home

HMS Foxhound (1877)  (4th)
Composite Screw Gunboat 4-gun

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Foxhound was a 4-gun, composite screw gunboat.

Built by Barrow Ship Building Co, launched 29-Jan-1877, 125ft long, 23ft 6in wide and displacing 455 tons. Armed with 2 x 64pdr, and 2 x 20pdr guns.

Transferred to Coastguard 1886.

Used as a coal tug 1897, and renamed YC 20.

Sold 1920 as the hulk Arabel and broken up 1975.

 

Other HMS Foxhound
- 1st  HMS Foxhound
- 2nd HMS Foxhound
- 3rd HMS Foxhound
- 4th HMS Foxhound
- 5th HMS Foxhound
- 6th HMS Foxhound

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 12 April, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.