Home

HMS Flamingo (1876)  (1st)
Composite Screw Gunvessel 4-gun

    
This the first ship to carry the name HMS Flamingo was a 4-gun, composite screw gunvessel.

Built at Devonport Dockyard, launched 13-Dec-1876, 157 ft long, 29ft 6in wide and displacing 780 tons. Armed with 1 x 7in, 1 x 64pdr and 2 x 20pdr guns.

Used for harbour service from 1893.

Sold 25-May-1923 to the Plymouth Sanitary Authority. Broken up 1931.

 

Other HMS Flamingo
- 1st  HMS Flamingo
- 2nd HMS Flamingo

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 21 July, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.