Home

HMS Cornwall (1812)  (3rd)
3rd Rate 74-gun

    
The third HMS Cornwall (1812-1948) was a 74 gun third rate, 74-gun ship-of-the-line.

She was built by Barnard of Deptford, launched 16-Jan-1812, 176ft long, 48ft wide and of 1,751 tons builders measurement. 

She was used in the Channel Fleet until the end of the Napoleonic War in 1814. 

She was reduced to a single gun deck of 50 larger guns in 1831 which resulted in a more powerful and faster ship. However, she never saw active service again. 

In 1859 she was loaned to the London Association for use as a juvenile reformatory school. Then on 18-Jun-1868 exchanged names with HMS Wellesley and moved to the Tyne as a training ship. 

She was scrapped at Sheerness, with her breaking up completed by 18-Jan-1875. 

 

Other HMS Cornwall
- 1st  HMS Cornwall
- 2nd HMS Cornwall
- 3rd HMS Cornwall
- 4th HMS Cornwall
- 5th HMS Cornwall
- 6th HMS Cornwall

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

This page last edited - 20 November, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.