Home

HMS Cochrane (1938)  (2nd)
Depot Ship

    
This the second ship to carry the name HMS Cochrane was a depot ship.

Originally HMS Ambrose, an  Armed Merchant Cruiser, originally hired and commissioned 10-Dec-1914, 388ft long, 47ft 6in wide, and displacing 6,600 tons.

Bought 20-Oct-1915 and converted to a depot ship.

Renamed HMS Cochrane 01-Jun-1938.

Sold Aug-1946 and broken up at Inverkeithing.

 

Other HMS Cochrane
- 1st  HMS Cochrane 
- 2nd HMS Cochrane 

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 29 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.