HMS Blenheim (1706) (1st)
This the first ship to carry the name HMS Blenheim was originally
HMS Duchess a second
rate, three deck, 90/82-gun ship-of-the-line. (Also known as the Dutchesse.)
Built at Deptford Dockyard in 1679, 163ft long, 45ft wide, and of 1,364 tons builders measurement.
She carried 90-guns in war at home waters or 82 guns in peace or war overseas.
Renamed Princess Anne 31-Dec-1701.
Renamed Windsor Castle 17-Mar-1702.
Renamed Blenheim 18-Dec-1706.
Broken up Aug-1763.
- ? Class
This page last edited -
04 November, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.