Home

HMS Bangor (1940) MS  (1st)

    
This the first ship to carry the name HMS Bangor was the lead ship of a large class of coastal minesweepers.

Built by Harland & Wolff, at Govan, laid down 19-Sep-1939, launched 23-May-1940 and commissioned 19-Oct-1940.

Paid off 1945 and loaned to Norway 1946 as RNorN Glomar. Stricken 01-Dec-1961. 

Won the Battle Honours: Dieppe 1942, Normandy 1944 and English Channel 1944.

 

Other HMS Bangor
- 1st  HMS  Bangor 
- 2nd HMS  Bangor 

- Bangor Class (1940) MS
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 19 June, 2012.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.