Home

W Class (1915) SS

The W Class submarines of 1915 were constructed to a French design.

The four boats being built in two groups, each comprising two boats.

Group 1 was completed to the original design. Group 2 were modified to try to improve their performance. The original design included two external torpedoes carried in frames and it is not clear if these were fitted or not.

After being trialled, none of the boats were popular and all four were sold to the Italian Navy in 1916.

 

- Class Ship
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures

Outside Links

- References
- Links

This page last edited - 07 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.