Sturgeon Class (1896) TBD
Sturgeon Class was one of 14 Classes of Torpedo Boat Destroyers. Designed to a
common contract speed of 27kts, with each class built by a different
Built by the Naval Construction and Armament Company (soon taken over by Vickers), part of the 1893/94 construction programme. They were a class of three ships.
In comparison with the prototypes the bow torpedo tube was omitted.
A report in 1898 identified some structural weakness in the propeller bracket and they were among the first to be sold off.
This page last edited -
03 September, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.