Janus Class (1895) TBD
Janus Class was one of 14 Classes of Torpedo Boat Destroyers. Designed to a
common contract speed of 27kts, with each class built by a different
Built by Palmer of Jarrow, part of the 1893/94 construction programme.
In comparison with the prototypes the bow torpedo tube was omitted.
On 30-Aug-1912, in common with all other 27kt and prototype classes they were redesignated the A Class.
This page last edited -
30 April, 2013.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.