C Class (1932) DD
1929 destroyer construction programme was a slightly enlarged B Class
design, with greater endurance. Only four were constructed as a disarmament
gesture by then current Labour Government.
But as a four ship class did not fit into RN destroyer flotilla organisation, all were transferred to Canada, renamed, and known as the Fraser Class. The first two transferred on 17-Feb-1937, and the second two on 15-Jun-1938.
Two were lost during WW2 with the survivors paid off Oct-1945 and later sold.
This page last edited -
02 December, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.