Banshee Class (1895) TBD
Banshee Class was one of 14 Classes of Torpedo Boat Destroyers. Designed to a
common contract speed of 27kts, with each class built by a different
Built by Laird of Birkenhead, part of the 1893/94 construction programme. They were a class of three ships and followed on from the success of their prototypes.
In comparison with the prototypes the bow torpedo tube was omitted.
On 30-Aug-1912, in common with all other 27kt and prototype classes they were redesignated the A Class.
This page last edited -
28 July, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.