Home

Pallas Class (1891) CC

The nine ships of the Pallas Class were 3rd Class Protected Cruisers.

The first five ship were ordered as part of the 1887 construction programme, formed an Australasian Squadron and were named after small towns in Australia and New Zealand (Tauranga).

The last four were ordered under the 1889 programme for general Royal Navy service.

They were smaller versions of the Medea Class (1889).

All except Philomel served until 1903-05. Philomel continued on and in 1913 became the first ship of the Royal Navy's New Zealand Division.

 

- Class Ship
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures

Outside Links

- References
- Links

This page last edited - 30 January, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.