Home

Lord Nelson Class (1908) BB

The two ships of the Lord Nelson Class were completed after HMS Dreadnought (1906), so they represent the last of the pre-dreadnought's. 

However they differed from earlier pre-dreadnought's in several important respects. They mounted no 6in guns, and had a mixed main armament of 12in and 9.2in guns. They were the last battleships to have a mixed main armament. 

Their superstructure was built up to an unusual degree with the 12pdrs mounted high and firing over the 9.2in guns. They were also the last to have reciprocating engines.

 

- Class Ship
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures

Outside Links

- References
- Links

This page last edited - 06 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.