Home

King Edward VII Class (1905) BB

The King Edward VII Class formed part of the steady progression in battleship design. The 9.2in guns which formed their secondary armament was a significant improvement in previous classes.

Although their armour was also thicker than that of the previous London Class (1902), and Duncan Class (1903), improvements in armour piercing shells meant that when completed their armour was already becoming less effective.

At the start of WW1 these ships formed the 3rd Battle Squadron with the Grand Fleet. But by early 1916 had been moved to the Thames Estuary to assist in the protection of the east coast of England. 

 

- Class Ship
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures

Outside Links

- References
- Links

This page last edited - 23 January, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.