Home

HMS Forth (1938)  (4th)
Depot Ship

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Forth was a depot ship.

Built by John Brown shipyard on the Clyde, launched 11-Aug-1938, 574 ft long, 73ft wide and displacing 8,900 tons. Armed with 8 x 4.5in guns.

Appeared at the Coronation Review 1953.

Renamed HMS Defiance, from Feb-1972 to Apr-1978.

Sold 1985.

Arrived for breaking up at River Medway 25-Jul-1985.

 

Other HMS Forth
- 1st  HMS Forth
- 2nd HMS Forth
- 3rd HMS Forth
- 4th HMS Forth

- ? Class
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

s.

This page last edited - 20 March, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.